Thursday, 11 August 2011

Beginnings.

Nothing is more intimidating to me than a blank page.. A good way to start is to explain a bit more about myself, and where I'm coming from with this blog. So here we go.

Over the last two years or so, I started trying to figure out what I wanted with my life. I started my first job in a cafe, my formal training as a chef, and my next job waitressing. A lot of these changes scared the bajeezus out of me to be completely honest, and none of it was very smooth to start with.

I ended up quitting my job at the cafe, but I learned a lot about myself, and it inspired me to go on to formal training as a chef, which I did a few months later. I still visit that cafe a lot, and they're all awesome people.

I got into waitressing to get a bit of extra cash, and even though it is one of those jobs that cops a bad name, it helped me come out of my shell and has easily been one of the best things I have ever done.
While customer service can be painful every now and then, it is definitely good for building people skills.

I started my training at William Angliss in 2010 with fear, and ended it in 2011 with a passion for food, and oddly enough, an even stronger passion for baking in particular. I used to be scared to make cupcakes, for crying out loud, and now I can't wait to have an excuse to whip up another batch.

But almost as much as creating food, I love talking about it. I have been considering making a blog for years, and now that I have a bit of a break between study, I figured it was about time to get started.

While I will most likely ramble on about food, music and videogames are another two hobbies of mine that I love as well. I tend to love having music on as I cook, and while listening to screaming men and loud guitars might not be everyone's cuppa.. Eh, it works for me~
 I love baking for friends and family, and considering some of these lovely people have some food intolerances or allergies, it can be rather.. Interesting sometimes, to try and work with that. I like to share these recipes and ideas, because it is becoming an issue in our culture now a days.

So, hopefully I'll be able to keep this blog rolling. I didn't want to restrict it to purely food, so I could update without having to stress about having pictures or anything like that. And let's be honest, we all get distracted and/or need to have a rant about random stuff every now and then.

Well, that's a bit about me, and about the blog, and I'm in dire need of tea.
So see you around~

No comments:

Post a Comment